Need a fast, easy way to set up a conference call? Speek is one of the better conferencing services I’ve tried.
Once you sign up for a free Speek link, you can share it by email, calendar invite, instant message, text message or however you’d like. Your guests don’t have to register for Speek to join a call.
Speek’s conference call features include:
- See who’s joined the conference call on your screen
- Get a text message when someone dials into your line
- Know who’s talking during the call
- Mute and add/remove participants
- Share files — Speek connects to Google Drive, Dropbox, and more
- Chat and/or take notes
- Record conference calls
- Schedule Speek conference calls in Google Calendar with the click-of-a-button, directly from your Chrome browser
- Make conference calls on-the-go with Speek’s iPhone app
Using Speek, you also avoid the hassles of traditional conference calls:
- No dial-in numbers or PINs
- Nothing to download
- No scheduling — your Speek line is always open
Cost: Free plan (unlimited calls for up to 5 people whenever, wherever); a paid version for $10/month (or $100/year) allows you to add unlimited attendees to your calls; share files together to view during the call; record your calls; comment during the call & access the comments transcript later.
Want something better than Google Alerts for keeping track of online mentions? Mention will fit the bill.
Use it to get alerted about anything you’re interested in that gets published on social networks, news sites, forums, blogs or any web page. Use it just for your company, or compare yourself to your competitors.
Mention can alert you in real-time via push notifications. You will also receive a daily or weekly email digest.
Mention also goes a step beyond Google Alerts by giving your a snapshot of your mentions by source, language and over a selected period of time. You can create PDF reports and export the data in CSV.
Cost: Free for 1 user and up to 250 mentions per month, as well as three premium versions at $6.99/$19.99/$99 per month (17% discount if paid yearly
Want to track who your competitors are connecting with? Or when someone in your network lands at a company you are trying to work with? OFunnel will steer these types of updates your way.
You can use the site to monitor events by company, individuals and job roles. Example use cases include:
- You are in sales and trying to get into Procter & Gamble as an account. OFunnel will notify you when someone in your network connects to someone at P&G.
- You are connected to one of your competitors on LinkedIn. Select that person, and OFunnel will notify you every time that person makes a new connection.
- You are looking for a social media manager. OFunnel will notify you when anyone in your network connects with someone with that job title or headline.