If you are not using Slideshare, you should be! It allows you to upload and share any PowerPoint presentation or PDF.
Now you can turn your Slideshares into animated GIFs with GifDeck. It’s easy to then embed that GIF into an email, blog post or tweet.
Here’s an example from a presentation I did on Big Data and PR. It captures a handful of the slides from the presentation, which makes for a much more compelling graphic vs. a single static image.
Got Gmail? FullContact will help keep all your contacts in sync with your Gmail address book.
Use FullContact to pull in your contacts from LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook address books and then sync them back to your Gmail Contacts. It will also find and merge duplicates. You can take a picture of a business card and upload it to FullContact; they will transcribe it and add the information to your Gmail Contacts.
Cost: Free (up to 5,000 contacts) and premium ($9.99/month or $99.99/year) for 25,000 contacts and 50 business card transcriptions per month.
How good is it—really? How does it stack up to others in your industry?
Get a score on your resume by submitting it to Rezscore. Within 3-5 days, you will get a critique back with high-level recommendations. For a fee, they will provide a resume makeover.
Cost: Free ($39.95 for the resume makeover service)
Need a fresh way to present your resume? Represent will help you create an attractive, sharable online resume fast. Features include:
- Choose from several digital resume designs
- Get built-in analytics so you will know how many times your resume has been viewed and clicked
- Ensure your resume looks goods on desktops, laptops and mobile devices
- Share your resume through email, Facebook or Twitter
- Get recommendations for jobs related to your skills and apply to them directly
- Export your resume as a PDF
You love sending short videos messages to friends and family…so why not try the professional equivalent by sending videos to your customers or prospects?
Vsnap is an app for iPhone and Android that let’s you create and send short, personal video messages.The company claims that when you reach a customer using Vsnap, that person takes action 40% more than someone you email.
Each Vsnap is 60 seconds max. You can send a Vsnap to to anyone with an email address, or share message through social media. Recipients do not have to download anything or register, and they can watch your videos on any browser.
The Vsnap website stores your videos and provides real-time analytics so you can see when and how your customers engage.
Special thanks to Brandi Mills for telling me about Vsnap.
Cost: Free and premium versions ($180 or $600 per user/year for advanced analytics, email and branding options)
Getting quality backlinks to your website is essential for search engine optimization. So how do you know who is linking to you or your competitors?
OpenLinkprofiler will give you the intelligence you need on the backlinks for any website. Find out things like:
- Exactly how many backlinks a site has (up to 200,000 per domain)
- A quality score for each link, including any suspicious links
- The most popular anchor texts (i.e., keywords used in the links)
- Which pages on your site have the most backlinks
- Link alerts: Sign up for a daily email with any new backlinks that point to your website
Cost: Free; the company also offers a premium product, Seoprofiler, that ranges from $49-$999/month
Do you have a website? If so, you’ll appreciate Filament. It is a collection of free widgets you can add to any website in minutes, using drag-and-drop tools.
Filament provides easy ways to:
- Help visitors share your content more easily
- Increase your social following
- Add Google Analytics code to your site
Some of the current Filament apps include:
- Passport: Increase your social following
- Flare: A customizable social sharing bar that displays your personal links in one place
- Mailchimp: Embed email subscriber forms in your site
Filament continues to add new apps to the lineup as well.
If you need a shared calendar for your company, a client or group, Teamup Calendar is a great option. It is different from other calendar systems, with no one required to have a user account. It also offers a simple way to share multiple calendars with a single “secret” link.
Teamup Calendar offers other helpful features including:
- Creating multi-colored calendars with unlimited users
- Setting up password protection if necessary
- Saving events to GCal, Outlook and .ics files for Mac
- Making recurring events
- Embedding calendars into websites, blogs and Facebook pages
Cost: Free (up to five calendars or 10 with an “introductory special”) along with premium versions for $96/year and $240/year
Searching for a new apartment or condo? Get a lot of useful information about specific properties and the neighborhoods they are in using AddressReport.
It’s being described as “Carfax for rentals,” with lots of information about complaints, noise issues and more. At a glance, find plenty of useful information about demographics, crime, typical commute times and other information to help guide your next move. You just need the address for any condo, co-op or apartment. It works for any residential address, although there are no detailed reports for single family homes.