Got piles of business cards you need to do something about? Do you dread having to input them manually into your contacts database?
ScanBizCards is a great app for iOS, Android and Windows devices (along with a companion website) to solve this problem for you.
ScanBizCards goes beyond other apps that simply scan in the information from a business card so you can create a new contact record. While it does this with ease, it offers a host of other options, including:
- Scan cards on the go with their smartphone app, then scan or edit the contact details later while sitting at your computer
- Choose to add them instantly to your phone’s address book, or wherever your default contacts reside (like iCloud)
- Use their WebSync online backup service to save your scanned business card images and contact information online, so you can access them from anywhere
- Export scanned cards directly into Salesforce as new Leads or Contacts from within the app
- Take pictures of business cards with any camera or a flatbed scanner, then upload and scan these images online using WebSync
- Import and export business cards to Evernote
- Transfer cards between your different mobile devices (iPad, Android, iPhone), and also between different versions of the app (lite and premium)
- Use a Dymo CardScan device and sync your cards with your mobile phone
- View your cards in new ways using an online Map View (in beta)
Cost: The iPhone app is currently discounted to $3.99. Purchase the iPad version, ScanBizCards HD ($9.99 USD) and get 1 year of WebSync free. The pricing for Websync is $0.99 USD per month or $9.99 USD for a full year.
Thanks to Garth Moulton and Michael Barclay of ScanBizCards for turning me on to the product.