There is a bug in the Alexa app (IOS and Android) that has been broken for at least a month.
As you will see in this video, currently it is not possible to schedule Do Not Disturb for a given Alexa device.
- Go to the Device settings option (bottom right) in the app
- Select a device
- Scroll down and select Do Not Disturb
- Note that on this primary screen, only Do Not Disturb is displayed
- There is no visible option to Schedule unless Do Not Disturb is toggled On
- This may give users the mistaken impression that Do Not Disturb must be enabled for a Schedule to be set
- What actually happens is that when Do Not Disturb is toggled On, the device immediately goes into Do Not Disturb and remains so until the user turns it off manually—Do Not Disturb overrides and prevents the Schedule feature from working properly
The only workaround I have found is to access the same Device settings using the browser version of Alexa.
- Note in this video that the Schedule feature is clearly displayed along with the primary Do Not Disturb feature
- You can set a “Do Not Disturb” schedule independently, without having to turn Do Not Disturb on
I’m sure thousands of users are frustrated and wondering why their devices are so quiet…when they accidentally turned on Do Not Disturb and expected it to activate according to a set schedule!