Are you struggling with how to write something? Wouldn’t it be nice to have a professional writer’s input to make it the best, snappiest copy possible?
My friend Patrick McLean of Good Words, Right Order has launched a great new service called Boom! Headline. It’s like a help desk for copywriting: You send him something you’re working on, and he will send you back a critique and his suggestions. This will help you get unstuck or quite likely find a better way of saying what you’re trying to convey.
As I example, I sent this gem through:
What hath God wrought?
A few minutes later, I got this back:
It’s good, but could be a little archaic, depending on your audience. Here are some suggestions:
- What is this thing the Lord made?
- What is this Work of God?
- Check it out. That God-dude made somethin’ cool!
- Check it out. That God-dude made somethin’ wicked trippy!
- Good Lord, what fresh digital plague have you now sent to scourge the faithless luddites among us?
Cost: For now, it’s pay-what-you-think-it’s-worth. You’ll want to earmark a slush fund to run stuff by Patrick—he’s that good.